My words to use: puddle, doctor, cash, turnip, unflappable, idiosyncratic, tree, ebi, argyle.
It was late on a sunday evening and I was in my garden, tending my turnips when this doctor rolls up in his fancy lamborghine gallardo. Don't ask me how a small town girl like me knows a big shot car like that. This man in the car gets out of his seat, opens the door and walks over to me. He's about 6'2, maybe 170 pounds, pretty scrawny in my opinion. His eyes are an unmistakeable hazel brown and he had skin of an Italian. Straight on you would say he was midly attractive, but from the side it looked as though he plucked his nose right off of a bird. His clothes though, oh how they screamed for attention! He had on a purple argyle sweater, bright orange pants and heavy duty work boots. I just couldn't imagine where he was coming from.
So the man comes over to me and I stand up, and he sticks out his hand in greeting. Naturally my hands are covered with dirt, so I give him a nod instead and ask him what he wants. He says he is looking for what I had to offer him. I give him a quizical look and say I don't have much cash if that's what he was looking for but I did have some ebi inside. I explain that ebi is a Japanese specialty, but he shakes his head and says no. He turns and walks over to the a stump of an old tree and sits down. Very odd. He looks as though he is waiting for me to follow, and so I do, but I am already ready to tell him a peice of my mind. I tell him that I don't know what he wants and that he should leave before I call Puddle. He looks at me with weary eyes and gets up, grabbing hold of my face. He kisses me ever so gently, then let me go. I have never seen this man in my life, and he expects to come here and kiss me as if I was a whore? I push him away and glare at him. He says no, I guess you wouldn't understand, and walks back to his car, leaving me behind before I had a chance to say anything. I didn't think I should follow him, incase he did some other idiosyncratic thing, so I let him back away onto the main road, and drive away in silence.
That was the day I met my husband, and the day my wings of freedom became unflappable.
No comments:
Post a Comment